Friends of the Ann Arbor Skatepark Nonprofit Board Seeks Treasurer
The Friends of the Ann Arbor Skatepark board of directors is currently seeking a treasurer for our nonprofit organization. Details for this volunteer position are below. The position requires 4 to 6 volunteer hours per month.
To find out more about this great volunteer opportunity, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking a volunteer experienced accountant to act as treasurer for a non-profit with annual income of less than $20,000.
The Duties of the Treasurer of the Board For An All Volunteer Nonprofit:
- Maintain relationship with bank including:
• signatory cards for authorized signers on the account
• receipt of bank statements
• control of check book and ATM cards
- The supervision of all invoices, receipts and disbursements
- Responsibility for maintaining an accurate record of the financial reports and financial policies of the nonprofit which includes:
•Setting up and maintaining QuickBooks for Nonprofits
•Monthly reconciliation of the bank statements with the original bank statement that is reconciled to be reviewed and signed off by the President/Chair of the Board
- The financial recording and reporting that is requested monthly by the Board of Directors – preparation of a monthly operating statement, balance sheet and disbursements report
• The preparation of an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors
• Serves on the Executive Committee as an Officer of the Nonprofit
• Orienting new board members to the financial statements and financial documents presented at board meetings and to the policies surrounding cash handling, management and the process for requests for reimbursements
• Acting as the key liaison to the board on all financial and fiscal matters
• Scheduling and overseeing the annual audit as needed and when needed
• Submission of the Form990 Tax Filing Annually